Day 17, right?

Here we are.

Everyday I weep at the beautiful generosity and love pouring out of humans. 
Everyday I cringe at the ghastly awfulness of others.  I keep looking for light.

America is not great at inconvenience and it is exhausting.
Inconvenience is not hardship.

And if I'm taking stock of the situation, here's the beginning:
-safe and healthy at home,
-food and water and electricity
-a yard with flowers and birds singing
-a garden to prepare
-funny, brilliant children who are wonderful and exhausting
- a husband who still is going to work everyday

and there's so much more.  The start of this list is what many in the world only dream of and if that is not abundance, then I am blind.  It is enough and there is enough. 

Somewhere in my flower beds, I've planted black tulips and bleeding hearts and and I can't wait to find them.  Everything else I marked on my map.  What a happy surprise it will be.

Day 17.



Comments

Popular Posts